If you get dizzy from the constant ebb and flow of fashion trends, you’re not alone. But luckily, dressing fashionably doesn’t mean you have to change your wardrobe every six months. Check out these five fall fashions that will never go out of style.
1. The Right Jeans
Fashions come and fashions go, but jeans are here to stay. No man or woman should be without a good pair of jeans. Unfortunately, most people don’t know how to find the “right” pair. Here are a few guidelines for your next shopping trip.
- Focus on fit rather than body type. Men’s jeans are more about utility than a particular cut for shape.
- Don’t shy away from slim cut or “skinny” jeans. A nice tailored cut or skinny leg can add an element of sophistication and class to your ensemble.
- Shop a size smaller than usual. Men tend to buy jeans that are too big for them, leading to bagginess in all the wrong places.
- Look for darker washes—they are sophisticated and versatile, pairing well with just about anything.
- Avoid the “mom” jeans (i.e. high-waisted, light-washed, tapered-leg). They are not flattering on anyone.
- Pay attention to length: The pant leg should end just below the ankle (so it’s not dragging under your shoe).
Finding a good pair of jeans can be a struggle, but it is definitely worth the effort. Don’t be afraid to invest a little more in the right pair and enjoy wearing them on all sorts of occasions. From business casual at the office to a weekend with friends, a good pair of jeans is a staple for any wardrobe.
2. A Classic Trench Coat
The trench coat has been a fashion classic for years. For both men and women, this comfortable and versatile coat is a must for your fall wardrobe.
For women, wear cropped or knee-length trench coats with jeans on a casual day; for a more dressed-up look, a long coat with trousers and heels will elongate your figure. These classic coats are excellent choices for fitted outerwear. Paired over a dress or skirt, simply cinch the waist to add shape and femininity.
Men too can enjoy the versatility and comfort of this coat in spring and fall. The heavy material and made-to-last durability makes the trench coat an obvious choice for the cooler weather of autumn and the chill rain of spring. With so much going for it, it is unlikely this timeless piece will go out of style soon.
3. A Pencil Skirt
No woman should be without a simple pencil skirt. A neutral black pencil skirt is great for wearing to the office or getting dressed up for a night on the town.
A few simple ways to wear this skirt-of-all-trades:
- Indulge your need for tweed with a neutral tweed pencil skirt. Add tights for cooler fall nights with a bright solid top to really shine.
- Have fun in the details. A lace pencil skirt provides a dash of interest and femininity without overwhelming your ensemble.
- Go casual with a denim pencil skirt and cotton t-shirt. Throw on a patterned cardigan for good measure, and you are ready for the day.
Whether you are dressing for an interview or need a fun and flirty weekend look, the pencil skirt is a girl’s best friend.
4. Gold and Silver Jewelry
No wardrobe is complete without the right accessories. And like all fashion trends, jewelry styles change over time. However, plain silver and gold jewelry for women are always in style.
Dress up your ensemble with a medium size pair of gold or silver hoop earrings, add a touch of feminine charm with a simple gold necklace, and show some personality with a couple silver bangles on your wrist. For casual and formal looks alike, gold and silver jewelry is classy in all seasons.
5. The Neutral Shoe
Finally, the neutral pump is a life-saver. Enjoy wearing it this fall before the cold and inclement weather of winter sets in and boots claim the spotlight.
From leather to suede, a nude pair of heels visually lengthens your legs, making you appear taller and leaner. And the best part is these versatile, neutral pumps will go with almost any outfit. Pair them with anything from blue jeans to pencil skirts. They will add that wow-factor to your ensemble any day of the week.
If you are stuck in a fashion rut, consider adding these classic styles into your wardrobe mix. They have already withstood the test of time and are sure to remain loyal to you throughout the year, from fall to spring.