The ethnic wear of India is admired for its unique patterns, vivid prints, vibrant colors and its attachment to the roots of Indian culture. The Indian ethnic wear is not only admired and embraced in India but also in different parts of the world. Out of the people belonging to different parts of the world, some got struck by the beauty and charm of Indian ethnic wear while they visited India, some saw it in movies or fashion magazines, some got mesmerized by witnessing the range at a fashion show and the list goes on. There are various famous personalities who have enlisted their names in the admirers of the Indian wear by donning it, such as Victoria Beckham, Selena Gomez, Lady Gaga, Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba, Britney Spears and several others.
While some people from outside India consider Saree as the only traditional Indian wear, but it is not like that. Though Saree is indeed one of the most gorgeous and significant ethnic attires, but there is much more than that. Indian ethnic wear mainly comprises of Saree as well as Shalwar Suit, Kurti and Lehenga Choli too, that can rightly be termed as synonymous to elegance and beauty.
If you don’t have a clue as to how to totally rock the Indian ethnic look, we’re here to help. Following are some of the tricks and suggestions that you can follow while you plan to dress up in one of the stunning Indian dresses:
- Never go overboard with the accessories or colors. If you want to wear a very vibrant outfit, anything from a Saree to Lehenga Choli, then goes for delicate jewelry and minimal makeup. While, when you go for a subtle or elegant dress, then you can opt for a heavy jewelry and a bold makeup look.
- It’s not necessary to go all the way traditional while you dress up in a Saree, Shalwar Suit or Lehenga Choli. You can experiment with your look and do some mix and match. Try fusion for a change, like wearing a crop top as a blouse with your Saree or jeans with a Kurti or anything of such sort, and you’ll be amazed to witness its freshness and charm.
- If you want to bring much more flavor of India to your entire getup, then bindi is certainly what you need.
- Always take notice of the footwear you choose with your ethnic outfit. While Kolhapuri chappals, sandals or Punjabi joottiyaan look fabulous with Shalwar Suits, on the other hand, high heeled footwear is perfect to be worn with Saree and Lehenga Choli.
- It’s recommended to always choose a kurti with the adequate length, according to the bottom wear you want to wear with it. If you like to wear a shalwar, then the length of the kurti must be short and when you want to don a palazzo or churidar then you should go for a long length kameez or kurti.
- Sarees and Shalwar Suits that are made using the light fabric would help you look slimmer and chic. Moreover, if you are on a heavier side, then you should avoid net and tissue.
- If your arms are heavy, then you must not go for a sleeveless choli, kurti or blouse. Moreover, you must opt for full-length sleeves as it will help the bulky arms to look a bit toned. On the other hand, if your arms are thin, then you should try sleeves in frilled or flower design.
- Out of all the available styles of Kameez or Kurti, such as A-shaped, Anarkali, asymmetrical, Chinese, jacket, Pakistani and others, you should choose the right one as per your body type. Analyze that what looks good on you and what’s in fashion trends, and decide to wear the type of kurti accordingly.
- While you wear an Indian ethnic wear, you can go for a braid, ponytail, bun, half-tied up hairstyle. You can also leave your hair open to looking all the way more sophisticated and sensuous.
These are some of the tricks and methods to look drop dead gorgeous in Indian ethnic wear. Still, there is a wide scope to experiment and to follow the current fashion trends while dressing up in your favorite attire and look nothing less than a diva.