Hair loss is a traumatic experience which can hit anyone at any given point of time. Many factors can cause hair fall like stress, illness, skin and health condition, heredity, lack of essential nutrients, medication and age. Dermatologists are of the opinion that losing about 50 to 100 strands a day is normal but if it exceeds this figure then it is an alarming sign. Here we are discussing some natural remedies to prevent hair loss and get strong, thick mane.
1. Massage your scalp regularly with hot oil twice a month. Massaging the scalp will stimulate blood circulation on the scalp and will keep the hair follicles alive. You can choose oil like coconut oil or olive oil or you can even mix essential oils in it to massage your hair. Coconut oil controls hair fall to an extent while Jojoba oil is well known to control excess sebum in the scalp which causes dandruff and itchy scalp.
2. Amla is packed with Vitamin C and is rich in antioxidants which make it an amazing ingredient for hair fall control. Crush the amla fruit to extract the juice out of it and mix it with fresh lime juice of equal quantity. Apply it to your scalp, leave it for an hour and then wash it off with a mild shampoo. You can also make a mixture using amla, shikakai and dry neem leaves. Apply it on the scalp, leave it for an hour and then wash it off.
3. Eggs are rich source of sulphur, protein and minerals such as selenium, iodine and zinc which promotes hair growth and reduces hair fall. Take one fresh egg and mix it with yoghurt. Apply it all over the scalp and let it dry. Rinse your hair properly with a shampoo and let it dry naturally. Or, you can take an egg white and beat it with 1 teaspoon of olive oil to get a paste like consistency. Apply this to your scalp and leave it for 20 minutes prior to shampooing.
4. Green tea contains high amount of antioxidants which prevents hair loss and encourages hair growth. Boil 2 cups of water and then remove it from the heat and add green tea leaves to it. Let it stay for 20 to 30 minutes. Then strain the tea and allow it to cool. Apply this on your scalp or rinse your hair with it. Applying warm green tea bags on your scalp will also help to recede hair thinning.
5. Both coconut oil and coconut milk provides a host of nutrients that naturally condition the hair and prevents hair loss in women. The milk of coconut oil contains essential proteins and nutrients which, if used regularly can reduce breakage of hair while coconut oil makes the hair stronger right from the root. Grate coconut and squeeze out the milk using a little water, apply this milk on specific area where you notice balding or hair thinning. Leave it overnight and later rinse it off with water. Coconut oil combined with hibiscus is an age old secret to prevent hair fall and get thick mane. Crush a few flowers of hibiscus and mix with coconut oil to make a fine paste. Apply this to your scalp and leave it for a few hours and then wash it off with shampoo.
6. Fenugreek seeds or methi seeds are well known to prevent hair loss. Methi paste is very old fashioned home remedy to regrow hair. Soak a dry fenugreek seeds in water and leave it overnight. Grind it to a smooth paste and apply it all over the hair. Leave it for 30 minutes to dry and then wash it thoroughly with shampoo.
7. Ginger juice can also help you to prevent hair fall. Take a hunk of ginger root and grind it to a fine paste. Sieve it to extract its juice and massage your scalp with this juice. Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse off.
8. Sulphur increases the production of collagen which in turns prevent hair fall. Onion and garlic are rich sources of sulphur so incorporating them in your diet can prevent hair thinning. Chop onion into small pieces and squeeze the juice out. Apply this juice on the scalp and leave it for over 15 minutes. Shampoo your hair properly to get rid of its strong smell.
9. Crush a few cloves of garlic, add these crushed cloves into little coconut oil and boil for a few minutes. Massage this oil after cooling it down and leave it overnight. Repeat this treatment 2 to 3 times a week to get thick and strong hair.
10. Aloe Vera hair pack is also a great way to control hair fall. Aloe vera heals the scalp by balancing pH level of the scalp and clears up the clogged pores which lead to hair fall.
Hope you would try these natural tips to reduce the hair fall. Do share us your feedback.