Killer looks with pouting lips are any woman’s dream. Next to the eyes, it is the lips that are the most prominent features of the face. Lip makeup can enhance your beauty, and play an important role in your daily makeup regimen. But a wrong shade or a right shade applied wrongly can not only ruin your entire makeup and outfit, but also your mood. No worries! We can help you out with some tips and tricks to master the art of lip makeup.
The market has a plethora of lip makeup products, but the one that is gaining popularity among modern women, especially health-conscious women, is mineral lip makeup. Mineral makeup is made of natural minerals and is free from toxic chemicals. Mineral lipstick and lip gloss are among the most sought out mineral makeup products. They help define or redefine your lips: Want to make your thin lips look larger? Or do you have thick lips and want to play them down? Just want to accentuate your lips and make heads turn? Lipstick and lip gloss does it all and more for you.
Lipstick is the most important fashion accessory for any woman. When in a hurry, you may forego any makeup item but not your lipstick. The right color choice and correct application of lipstick adds dimension to your face. Mineral lipsticks come in many shades, and care must be taken to choose the right one for you. Unlike regular lipstick, mineral lipstick is free from lead, lanolin, parabens, gluten, and synthetic dyes. Needless to say, mineral lipsticks are a safer option for your lip makeup, especially if you are a woman who eats her lipstick! 😉
Tips & Tricks for Applying Lipstick:
- Exfoliating your lips before applying your lipstick makes it last longer. Scrub your lips with sugar or a soft tooth brush to get an even, wet surface.
- Hydrated lips allow for easy application of lipstick. Remember to use a primer before applying lipstick to keep your lips hydrated.
- For your lipstick to stay longer, it is advisable to use lip liner as it prevents the lipstick from smudging out. Lip liner gives the lipstick something to hold on to.
- After applying lipstick, don’t forget to blot your lips with a tissue paper. It presses the color into the lips. And also remember to dust some loose mineral powder on top for the lipstick to set.
Mineral Lip Gloss
It’s hard to imagine a vanity case without a sparkling lip gloss. Whether it is for your regular 9 to 5, or those exciting after hours, the lip gloss you own should make your lips look luscious and attractive, while providing the nourishment they need. It is said the average woman consumes over 5 pounds of lip gloss in her lifetime! While we haven’t verified that number, it still is important to ensure that you aren’t ingesting a whole lot of chemicals, at the cost of giving your lips a dab of shimmer and shine. It is also vital to make sure that your lip gloss doesn’t irritate your lips or cause an allergic reaction. One simple and effective way to keep your lips safe is to use a mineral lip gloss. A number of brands offer lip gloss that is formulated with high-quality minerals to give your lips that healthy shine.
Tips & Tricks for Applying Lip Gloss:
- Remember to moisturize your lips for smooth application of lip gloss. If you have dead cells or cracked lips, apply the moisturizer and wait for a minute or two and then remove the moisturizer with a cotton swab. Applying lip balm or foundation prevents the skin from drying.
- Lip liner will give you a defined look and, more importantly, will hold the gloss from ‘running away’. The trick here is to follow your natural contour lines while applying so that your lip gloss sits well on your lips.
- While filling with gloss, start with the lower lip from any corner and run the applicator along the length of the lip gently. Repeat it for the upper lip. An important point to note here is not to cross the lip line.
- Fingers are better applicators than plastic tubes. If your lip gloss comes in tube form, use your fingertip to apply it . Remember to blot the excess with tissue paper.
A common tip for choosing the right shade of both lipstick and lip gloss is to go for a color that is one or two shades darker than your natural lip color.
So, what are you waiting for? Getting those beautiful lips is no longer a distant dream. Hit your nearest cosmetic store and pick up your mineral lipstick and gloss today!